[Valid Atom 1.0]

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Jimmy Breslin was a terrible journalist...


I normally don't disparage people I disagree with when they die, but the accolades for Jimmy Breslin as a journalist I cannot abide with. Breslin was a very good writer, but I did not at all care with opinion pieces couched as news...or as it was described as "new journalism." I have no problem with purely opinion pieces, but I do not appreciate mixing news and opinion and not being upfront about it. You can be an advocate, but you have to respect facts. I do not need journalists picking winners and losers for me. Unfortunately, Jimmy was ahead of the times...and not in a good way.  

Wombat: Shot In The Dark: Breslin


1 comment:

  1. [Insert any journalist's name here] was a terrible journalist.

    Save for a precious few.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all legitimate comments. Keep it civil. Spam will be deleted. Thanks.