[Valid Atom 1.0]

Friday, October 21, 2016

You might want to consider a brandy or perhaps a Sidecar tonight...


As AoSHQ notes, today is the anniversary of the Battle of Trafalgar
which is also the day that Lord Horatio Nelson died.  

The Late Lord Nelson: Pickled in Brandy (although some say rum)

Cocktail Recommendations:  Sidecar, Brady Old Fashioned, Various Rum Concoctions 


I thought the Sidecar was invented at the Ritz in Paris (I am not sure of the New Orleans connection in the link above) but it does make a tasty brandy cocktail (although a bit sweet for my taste). I would recommend lemon or lime in any cocktails tonight for the British Navy "Limey" connection.  




Rush Limbaugh: Don't get demoralized

4 comments:

  1. I would recommend lemon or lime in any cocktails tonight for the British Navy "Limey" connection.

    I nominate the Maggie, (made with lime and gin of course).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did not pickle Lord Nelson in gin, but given how Brits love gin it definitely works. I would also in the same spirit suggest a Penicillin (which is a Scotch sour).

      Delete
    2. I suspect that the rum and Royal Navy link came about because they protected the rum trade which originated overseas. Gin was more home distilled.

      Delete
    3. I tried the Maggie. That is definitely a keeper. I love traditional old school (which means home made) tequila margaritas, but the gin adds a nice alternative touch.

      Delete

I welcome all legitimate comments. Keep it civil. Spam will be deleted. Thanks.