[Valid Atom 1.0]

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Frank Sinatra: Guess I'll Hang My Tears Out To Dry



A Jule Styne and Sammy Cahn song from 1945 (from a play that never made it to Broadway) that Sinatra made popular in 1958 on the Only The Lonely Album. It is a lovely song that has a lot of depth and Sinatra and Riddle do a fabulous job with it.


Pundette: Call This Indescribably Good (she is featuring Cahn's Call Me Irresponsible), I'll Be Seeing You, The Coffee Song (the swinging version) and How About You? And to answer Pundette's query: yes I like hearing this one more than once!

Bob Belvedere: Sinatra's Best 19-17, Almost Like Being In Love, The Gal Who Got Away, The Tender Trap #2 (the film version with Debbie Reynolds), and It Happened In Monterey (Tie), Sinatra's Best 22 through 20, Nice 'n' Easy, I'm a Fool To Want You, The Song Is You and Don't Worry About Me (Tie)


Frank, Sammy and Jule (Mark's podcast)

Jule and Sammy did a lot of songs

Sammy being Hammy

Sammy and Jule

Don’t forget to also keep checking out
It’s a swingin’ world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all legitimate comments. Keep it civil. Spam will be deleted. Thanks.