[Valid Atom 1.0]

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Outrage that Nigella Lawson ate a pig fetus in Spain... (or foetus if you are in the UK)

In comments published on a U.S. website, Mr Bourdain said: ‘‘I was at dinner with Nigella and a bunch of guys, and we were all trying to out-macho each other, like “I’ve eaten a live cobra heart!” 
‘Nigella has been rubbing her lips and says, “When I was in Spain, they aborted a pig for me and roasted the foetus. Soooo good”.’
Isn't an egg a chicken fetus?  
Then again, it does not fire me up like bacon does...
I suspect an Nigella Lawson and Anthony Bourdain cooking show would be fun.  Take that Food Network.   Eater has more on it here.
I suppose this may be cheesy, but I like Nigella and Bourdain and they are friends...so if there is on screen chemistry who knows. It could be like Regis and Kathie Lee (only good). Or Two Fat Ladies.
h/t:  Ann Althouse   The wise Allie Oop was on the egg thing right away I see.

Meh.  This sounds like a story that would only fire up the PETA folks.   Tony has always loved to stir up vegetarians:
Vegetarians, and their Hezbollah-like splinter-faction, the vegans, are a persistent irritant to any chef worth a damn.
To me, life without veal stock, pork fat, sausage, organ meat, demi-glace, or even stinky cheese is a life not worth living.
Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, an affront to all I stand for, the pure enjoyment of food. The body, these waterheads imagine, is a temple that should not be polluted by animal protein. It's healthier, they insist, though every vegetarian waiter I've worked with is brought down by any rumor of a cold.
Oh, I'll accomodate them, I'll rummage around for something to feed them, for a 'vegetarian plate', if called on to do so. Fourteen dollars for a few slices of grilled eggplant and zucchini suits my food cost fine.


Jim Morrison supposedly had leather pants made out of fetal ponies.  Not sure if this set was the one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all legitimate comments. Keep it civil. Spam will be deleted. Thanks.